Friday, March 10, 2006

Spring is on its way.

I know because I don't have to drag myself out of bed anymore. The sun peers through the blinds and lulls me out of bed. It's kind of nice, actually. I am definitely not a morning person, but some Spring mornings...I could almost believe they are less than evil.

Living in the South, it's always bittersweet when the weather starts warming up. It's when you know that sweaty, humid days are right around the corner. If you've never understood a Southerner's obsession with sweet tea, live in the South for a summer. You sweat enough to drink a gallon a day and still thirst.

And just in case you've never visited the South and have only seen it portrayed in movies, we don't all walk around dripping sweat and wiping our brows with handkerchiefs. We do have air conditioning and most of us under the age of 85 prefer to use it.

As a matter of fact, I think I may just take this opportunity to dispell some myths about the South:

-We don't all have furniture and old appliances on the front porch.
-We don't all run around in overalls without shirts underneath
-We don't all produce enough sweat to bathe ourselves in
-We don't all chew on pieces of hay
-We don't all love Dukes of Hazzard and Hee-Haw
-We don't all think Vienna Sausages are suitable party hors d'oeuvres
-We don't all find our cousins undeniably attractive

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Annie Lee Phillips said...

We also have bathrooms in our house, and I bet if you did an average of the IQ of Huntsville, it alone would put our state at or near the top of smartest states in the country.

Good blog Melanie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home